Last night’s DCA AIGA Student Group event was fantastic, with a standing-room only crowd of about 100 eager listeners packed into a classroom in Lindbrook. Fred Dust educated us on the ways of thoughtful, empathetic and strategic design that is the IDEO way.
My personal highlights:
– The visuals, which included a photo of Fred’s dog (and connected story)
– Stories of Peruvian women who are change agents in their communities
– Distilling the diversity of our citizenry into four behavior types that can then be targeted when teaching said citizens how to access their social security
– Homemade bundt cake at the back of the room
– Seeing students I know and connecting them to one another and their instructors
– Fred’s sense of humor, which is up my humor alley
– Thanking Lutska for her years of service!
I took many photos and tried to capture how inspired and abuzz we all were. Love, hope, bravery!
What were your highlights?