We’re offering an exciting new elective online this fall called Art Direction Bootcamp. Instructor Anya Farquhar tells us more about it:
Why is Art Direction Bootcamp important for my design education?
Learn how to hone your designs skills, articulate the success of your designs, and communicate clearly with teams or clients. The research, design, communication and presentation skills learned in this class will help you grow as a leader – whether you become an Art Director or work with one.
Do you have a sample assignment we’ll be working on?
We will be working on one campaign throughout the course, from research to execution. We will explore the history of art direction as well as learn how to fill out a creative brief. The final result of the course will be a completed campaign and pitch. See the sample in the gallery below!
Using your design skills, we will focus the course on bringing a campaign to life with a purposeful and thoughtful combination of imagery, typography, composition, hierarchy, and color. We will also learn how to present your work by articulating how it meets the client’s goals.
What will I take away from this course?
- A skillset for researching any design project
- Understanding of typography history, how to select a typeface, and how to design the written word
- Understanding of color theory, psychological and historical
- A keen eye for considering imagery, including illustration and photography
- Toolkit of questions to ask your client (or yourself)
- Toolkit of answers using your new visual skill set
Check out this sample final project:
Enroll in Art Direction Bootcamp today!